Thursday, May 19, 2011

Atomgevitter SEA tour + Hereafter - After Tomorrow(Demo) - thoughts.


Woah, this is really good news to me. more foreign bands, more info to soak up! yes,yes! Atomgevitter is a Scottish thrashpunk/rawcrust band that kicks ass, Roddy also plays for Black Sister and writes for a zine called Ploppy Pants.

_____


Hereafter(Malaysia) - After Tomorrow
When I read/hear about a band being composed of only 1 member I automatically think of it as inferior(not counting TxHx and Midnight though! Haha), Redza the sole mastermind of Hereafter has proved that I'm stupid and should FOAD with my earlier assumption with his sick musical competence and prowess in things thrashy. on to the musik, the vocal phrasing can't help but remind me of Darkness(Ger) but the vokils itself sounds like a  Toto(Living D.)/Angel Dust/Abbath/Mustaine mix that grew on me quite easily. He does an overall good job with writing badass riffage,solos and singing about dystopic themes,futuristic doomsdays and evil mechanical invasions.fuck yeah! the misc. intro/outro mid song samples seems as though they came from cool videogames. Hereafter is a straightforward no bullshit more than talented project heavily influenced by Teutonic thrash from the 80’sm as always there is no reinventing the wheel here. This particular demo has 4 songs, 1 of which is a minute long intro. This is their 1st and its good, Gonna hafta write to this guy for all the ones I missed. (3.8/5)



No comments:

Post a Comment