Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rabies - apocalypse agenda ep

I just got a copy of one of my favorite zines I Remember Halloween and read it from front to back like 5 times or something haha. It was so awesome that it jumpstarted my drive in finishing my second issue before the end of the month or something eh, I like rushing things and the game is on. only the reviews are needed to be started on plus what I think of this and that bullshit. I'm thinking of a critical  Punk scene in contrast to the metal scene in the point of view of an outsider article thing, should be fun.


here's the 2nd review I wrote for the issue.


Rabies - Apocalypse Agenda EP
CD-R self-released
(tape available through Hellhouse666 MAL and Metal Throne GRE)

This is the best local release of the year for me bar none, I critiqued their last demo for being badly and thinly produced & not having an edge, well guess what? the production this time around has finally done justice to their live energetic force AND THEN SOME. I cannot stop playing this on a constant state of repeat. Tracks are short, lightning fast and unrelenting, instruments now heard with such clarity while retaining that raw feeling, this is what violence & adrenaline would sound like if captured on audio. What this EP essentially is, are 5 tracks of barbaric, harsh and rough bursts of punk fueled death thrashing frenzy that will wear you down and beat you senseless. I definitely won’t be surprised if crusties and skanking crossover maniacs will like this alot, I know I do.
Its brutal in the same way “Endless Pain” or “The Upcoming Terror” is
and the vocals, the vocals fucking rule man. I mean seriously. fuck. check this out.
5/5


Rabies - Apocalypse Agenda...

No comments:

Post a Comment